Operate Winches Remotely
Thern offers a complete selection of electronic controls for reliable remote operation of our portable power winches, heavy-duty power winches and Big Red air winches. We supply operator-friendly electronic control systems, from simple pendant controls to complete computerized networks involving the most complicated variable speed drives. From start to finish, our in-house UL-rated panel shop gives us outstanding quality control. We also provide installation and start-up support.
Electric Drum Control Switches
- Single speed reversing drum controls for 1 and 3 phase motors up to 7.5 hp.
- UL and CSA recognized components throughout.
- Choose from NEMA 1 (industrial) rated switches for protection against dirt and corrosion for most indoor applications or NEMA 4 (watertight) rated switches to keep dirt and water out for most outdoor applications.
- 8 ft power cord with grounded plug included.
Electric Motor Controls
- Single speed reversing magnetic controls for 1 and 3 phase motors up to 60 hp.
- UL, IEC or CSE recognized components throughout.
- NEMA 4 (watertight) rated steel enclosure keeps dirt and water out and is approved for most outdoor applications.
- Pendant control switch (NEMA 4 rated) with 50 ft cord allows operators to stand away from winch during operation.
- Reversing contactor is electrically and mechanically interlocked to deliver smooth reversing control.
- Thermal overload relay trips power OFF to protect motor from overheating. Switch is manually reset.
- Fused control circuit powers pendant with 115 volt, 2 amp current to help protect against high voltage shocks.
- Steel mounting bracket secures control box to winch.
- Options include special current or horsepower ratings, special rated enclosures for explosive or harsh environments, multi-speed controls, torque limiting controls, power cord disconnects, and various selector switches and pilot lights.
Variable Frequency Drives
- Variable speed drives and variable speed control panels provide accurate positioning of loads, soft starts/stops and overload protection.
- Available for 3 phase 230 VAC motors from 1 to 25 hp and 3 phase 460 VAC motors from 1 to 60 hp.
- UL, IEC or CSA recognized components throughout.
- NEMA 12 (indoor) or NEMA 4 (watertight) enclosures available.
- Available options include multiple axis, remote controls, mainline contact, disconnect switch, enclosure temperature controls, indicating lights, selector switches, horns and bells, meters and limit switches.
- Explosion proof controls are also available.
Thern electronic controls area available in a variety of standard and custom configurations. Contact us today and let us help you choose the right controls for reliable remote operation of your winches.